Orioles' 2010 Draftees Signing Tracker (updated 8/12)

Similar to what others (markpolis?) have done in the past, this thread is so that rather than sifting through a bunch of threads every time we need to find whether a player has been signed, we can have a one-stop shop to check and see quickly.

Diamondscape Draft Wrap

1 (3). Manny Machado, SS, Brito HS (FL) - agreed to terms 8/16 - $5.25 million - Discussion Thread

3 (85). Daniel Klein, RHP, UCLA - agreed to terms 8/12 - $499,000 - Discussion Thread

4 (118). Trent Mummey, OF, Auburn - agreed to terms 6/18 - $252,000 - Discussion Thread

5 (148). Connor Narron, SS, C. B. Aycock HS (NC) - agreed to terms 8/4 - $650,000 - Discussion Thread

6 (178). Dixon Anderson, RHP, Cal - Discussion Thread - Redrafted by Nationals 2010 in 9th round

7 (208). Matt Bywater, LHP, Pepperdine - agreed to terms 8/16 - $195,000 - Discussion Thread

8 (238). Wynston Sawyer, C, Scripps Ranch HS (CA) - agreed to terms 7/30 - $300,000 - Discussion Thread

9 (268). Parker Bridwell, RHP, Hereford HS (TX)- agreed to terms 8/4 - $625,000 - Discussion Thread

10 (298). Clayton Schrader, RHP, San Jacinto JC - agreed to terms 7/29 - $300,000 - Discussion Thread

11 (328). Alexander Gonzalez, RHP, Boca Raton HS (FL) - Discussion Thread - Redrafted 1st rd (2013) Texas Rangers

12 (358). Riley Hornback, C, San Jacinto JC agreed to terms 6/15 - Discussion Thread

13 (388). Jeremy Nowak, OF, Mt. Olive Coll. - agreed to terms 6/11 - Discussion Thread

14 (418). Michael Mosby, 3B, Wabash Valley Coll. - agreed to terms 6/11

15 (448). Joe Oliveira, C, Pacific - agreed to terms 6/11

16 (478). Brandon King, OF, Fresno CC - Signed with Lancaster of Independent League in 2011.

17 (508). David Richardson, LF, Hillsborough CC agreed to terms 6/15

18 (538). Sebastian Vader, RHP, San Marcos HS (CA) agreed to terms 7/1 - $150,000

19 (568). Kenneth Wise, RHP, Santa Fe CC - agreed to terms 8/16

20 (598). Matt Drummond, LHP, UCLA - agreed to terms 7/7

21 (628). Scott Copeland, RHP, Southern Miss - agreed to terms 6/11?

22 (658). Tanner Murphy, C, Mountain Ridge HS (AZ) agreed to terms 6/15

23 (688). Christopher Clinton, OF, Eckerd Coll. agreed to terms 6/15

24 (718). Timothy Adleman, RHP, Georgetown - agreed to terms 6/11?

25 (748). Vincent Zazueta, SS, Arizona Western Coll. - agreed to terms 6/11

26 (778). Austin Goolsby, C, Embry-Riddle Univ. - agreed to terms 6/11

27 (808). Austin Urban, RHP, Richland HS (PA) - Redrafted 41st rd (2011) Chicago Cubs

28 (838). Jaime Esquivel, RHP, South Houston HS (TX) - agreed to terms 8/15 - $225,000

29 (868). Cameron Roth, LHP, UNC Wilmington - agreed to terms 6/20?

30 (898). Michael Rooney, SS, UNC Wilmington - agreed to terms 6/11

31 (928). Adam Gaylord, 3B, Stanford - agreed to terms 6/11

32 (958). Joe Robinson, RHP, College of Southern Nevada - Redrafted by Dodgers in 2011 in 29th round

33 (988). Steven Mazur, RHP, Notre Dame - agreed to terms 6/11

34 (1018). Samuel Starr, SS, University of British Columbia - agreed to terms 6/11

35 (1048). Joseph Donaldson, IF, Southeastern - agreed to terms 6/11

36 (1078). Brad Decater, SS, Cal State Northridge - agreed to terms 6/11

37 (1108). Austin Knight, 2B, Palm Beach CC agreed to terms 6/15

38 (1138). Jeremy Shelby, CF, Grambling St. - agreed to terms 6/11

39 (1168). Travis Strong, RHP agreed to terms 6/15

40 (1198). Joe Velleggia, C, Old Dominion agreed to terms 6/17 - $20,000

41 (1228). Coty Blanchard, SS, Cherokee County HS (AL) - Redrafted 15th rd (2013) Tampa Bay Rays

42 (1258). Jacob Petit, RHP, Western Oregon St. - agreed to terms 6/11

43 (1288). Blair Dunlap, OF, UCLA - agreed to terms 7/7

44 (1318). Preston Hale, OF, North Florida - agreed to terms 6/11

45 (1348). Nathan Williams, RHP, Scripps Ranch HS (CA)

46 (1378). Daniel Torres, C, Countryside HS (FL) - Redrafted 20th rd (2013) Seattle Mariners

47 (1408). Cody Young, OF, Anderson University - agreed to terms 6/11

48 (1438). Alex Schmarzo, RHP, St. Mary's - agreed to terms 8/15

49 (1468). Hayden Jordan, RHP, Whitewater HS (GA)

50 (1498). Philip Walby, RHP, Scripps Ranch HS (CA) - Redrafted 12th round (2013) New York Yankees

Post any signings in this thread, or in the forum, and I'll keep this post updated. Any comments on format would also be much appreciated.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cameron Roth signed....

Added Roth.

I'm going to be away for a week or so, so unless a mod can edit the OP for me, just post links to signings in this thread and I'll update when I get back.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• What do you know about his character?  By all accounts, he’s an extremely good teammate.  I’d say if anything, his character is what keeps getting him opportunity, when his talents are pretty limited.  
    • I’d still despise him.  He is my least favorite Oriole of all time. He’s got the opportunity to do the most amazing thing that most of us would want to do and every time he gets a chance to do it he doesn’t have his head in the game and he doesn’t seem to care. No team wants him, but the Orioles keep holding onto him. And i’m judging his character not just his play because his play is obviously horrible.
    • I think the main issue is that Kimbrel is turning 36 shortly and he’s not cut out to make 78 appearances a year, which is the pace he’s on.  He did that once when he was 23 years old.  He’s only reached 70 appearance one other time, last year, when he tired at the end of the season.   If I’m Hyde, I’m doing my best to limit Kimbrel to 5 appearances every two weeks.   If that means someone else has to pitch the 9th in a save situation every so often, so be it.    
    • Announcers are certainly a personal preference thing. It's very rare for just about everyone to agree positively (Jon Miller) or negatively (cough **Melanie") over an announcer. Heck, even Melanie has her people that enjoy her. I will say this about Kevin Brown, he has a great voice, and no one, and I mean no one can say he doesn't prepare. In fact, if anything he over prepares.  Last night was a good example of knowing when to talk a story and when not to. The Orioles were in the midst of blowing a game they led most of the game. Kimbrel/McKenna blew the 9th inning and Cowser had just made one of the un heads up throws you will see in a crucial situation that allowed the A's to go ahead.  Knowing all that, he had his Mason Miller story all ready to go and he's over there talking about him overcoming diabetes and losing weight and blah, blah, blah while he's blowing the Orioles hitters away with the tie run on 2nd and 3rd. I think in this case, he had something prepared for when Miller would come into the game, but should have realized that giving a flowery story about the opposing closer blowing away the Orioles hitters in this game was probably not the appropriate time to tell the story. If I have one criticism of Brown, it's that awareness of when to tell that story or drop those little funny antidotes, or talk about the cute kid with the cotton candy. Things things all have a time and a place, and I think we more experience Brown will do better in his game awareness. One of the things Jon Miller was great at doing was making a boring game interesting to listen to with those kinds of things. When the action is the most important thing to talk about or if the home team just had something bad happen to it, that's not the time. He'll figure that stuff out eventually.  Regardless, he's an excellent announcer who teams up well with Ben and Palmer to a lesser extent, though he gets a little too goofy at times with the kinder, gentler, older Palmer. By the way, he handled the young man in the booth last night with grace, respect, and seemed genuinely happy to help set the young man up to live out his dream, if even for an inning or two. Well done Kevin, well done (Props to Palmer to for his handling).    
    • I think of it like this - if I’m watching the game in person with someone who is doom and gloom every time something goes wrong, I’m not going to watch the game with that person for very long.    Which is why I don’t  stay long in any game thread either for that matter. 
    • How much money did people have on this game? I know the Moneyline was huge.  Did someone lay the $265 to win $100? The day-to-day rants over a 100 win team after every loss only points to people losing money on the game. We need a new “Gambling Rants Section”.   The takeaways from this game is the Burnes is being a little pitch inefficient and seems stuck on the 5-6 IP range as opposed to the 6-7 IP SP that we need from him. The other one is the offense. You have to adjust to the ballpark. Homers on the road. More doubles and gap shots in our spacious LF.  I never understood what @Tony-OHwas saying about McKenna until last season. His baseball instincts aren’t there. I love the call up. Love the role. You can never argue having a backup CF/defensive replacement/pinch runner type. We have that at Util IF with Mateo, but we were hoping McKenna could fill that role for us. Nah, we might have to look outside the org for a vet Michael Bourn type. 
    • Nice to see some of these guys getting through five innings in the lower levels, building up innings so there will be less restrictions as they age through the system (barring injury of course). Really excited to see the fruits of the international program on the pitching side in particular. Hopefully it leads to our versions of Framber Valdez and the other Astros who have backfilled their rotation in recent years. 
  • Popular Contributors